From the outset of the emergency, REACH has been providing support for the relief response to the current displacement crisis in Iraq through rapid assessments, site mapping, analysis, transit sites and planning for IDP settlements. To upscale its current in-country capacity, REACH mobilized and deployed a team of assessment and GIS specialists. The REACH team is working closely with the Information Management team of the Integrated Coordination Office for Development and Humanitarian Affairs (ICODHA) of the United Nations, and the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), as well as various aid actors engaged in the response to the crisis in Iraq.
The REACH team in Iraq is currently focusing its support on data collection, analysis and mapping for: 1. Entry point monitoring; 2. Camp population profiling; and 3. IDP hotspot assessments. Through this three-pronged approach, REACH aims to contribute to building up as full a picture of possible as to the number, intentions, needs and vulnerabilities of displaced populations.
The latest factsheets, profiles and assessment reports can be viewed and downloaded below.
– Shelter and CCCM Cluster Rapid Assessment 10th September 2014 NEW!
– Overview of Displacement Trends by Population Group 19th August 2014
– Vulnerability, Needs and Intentions of Internally Displaced Persons in Northern Iraq 25th August 2014
– Needs, Vulnerabilities and Intentions of Internally Displaced Persons in Northern Iraq 3rd July 2014
–Assessment of Area of Origin of Internally Displaced Persons in Northern Iraq 12th July 2014
– August Overview of Displacement Trends in Iraq 18th August 2014
ENTRY POINT MONITORING
– Kurdistan Region of Iraq Entry Point Monitoring Report#1 21st – 26th June 2014
– Kurdistan Region of Iraq Entry Point Monitoring Report#2 6th – 10th July 2014
– Kurdistan Region of Iraq Entry Point Monitoring Report#3 13rd – 17th July 2014
– Kurdistan Region of Iraq Entry Point Monitoring Report#4 20th – 24th July 2014
– Kurdistan Region of Iraq Entry Point Monitoring Report#5 3rd – 7th August 2014 NEW!
– Kurdistan Region of Iraq Entry Point Monitoring Report#6 17th – 21st August 2014 NEW!
IDP CAMP POPULATION PROFILING
|IDP CAMP PROFILES
– IDP Camp Factsheet: Khazir Transit Site#1 17th June 2014
– IDP Camp Factsheet: Khazir Transit Site#2 3rd July 2014
– IDP Camp Factsheet: Khazir Transit Site#3 15th July 2014
– IDP Camp Factsheet: Garmawa Transit Site 17th – 30th June 2014
– IDP camp Factsheet: Bahirka Transit site 7th July 2014
IDP ‘HOTSPOT’ ASSESSMENTS
Additionally, REACH GIS unit is supporting ICODHA and UNHCR for the mapping, analysis and planning of displacement sites. Building on modules REACH developed for refugee camps in the Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI), REACH’s approach to site planning is based on a flexible community block design that allows for an incremental approach to facility provision over time while meeting UNHCR and SPHERE standards. All REACH maps are available at www.humanitarianresponse.info/operations/iraq.
REACH products on the displacement crisis in Iraq will be regularly uploaded on this page. For more information about REACH activities in Iraq, visit our dedicated country page.
|Iraq IDP Sinjar||Iraq IDP Ninewa Plains||Iraq IDP Diyala|